Longburn Adventist College Boarding House is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person who can be a parent-figure to our young men and women, aged 11 – 18 years old. This exciting opportunity would suit a service orientated person who is passionate about creating a family environment for both domestic and international boarding students. This role will encompass a range of responsibilities and administrative requirements which will need excellent communication skills
The Head of Boy’s Dormitories will have proven experience with young people and have shown an ability to inspire those around them. A propensity to relate to a diverse group of students and parents is essential. Due to the nature of the role, Deans can expect to be rostered to work on weekends and evenings, especially when there are major events.
Applicants will have:
• Be able and willing to take responsibility for the care of students
• Practicing faith in the Seventh Day Adventist Church
• The ability to relate cross-cultural responsiveness
• Empathy for international students who may be experiencing life away from home for the first time
• Event co-ordinator or management experience
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
• The ability to lead a team
• Excellent organisational skills and time management
A willingness and ability to take part in religious instructions and uphold the special Seventh-day Adventist character of the school is a condition of employment. Position commences Term 1, 2020.
Please e-mail your CV and a covering letter (including contact details of at least 2 professional referees) stating your curriculum strengths as well as other strengths and interests you would bring to our school. Enquiries to the Principal’s Assistant, e-mail email@example.com
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.